Build 188.8.131.52930 (January 30, 2022)|
* Minor bugs fixed
* OrangeCD is now freeware, all nag screens has been removed
Build 184.108.40.206126 (July 26, 2020)
* Fixed cover download function
* Fixed Amazon search. Note: some functionality is disabled now because it's no longer supported by Amazon web services.
* Removed discontinued freedb.org servers. Private FreeDB server at freedb.mygenres.com to be launched next week
Build 220.127.116.1127 (February 27, 2016)
* Fixes 32-bit Windows compatibility bug
Build 18.104.22.16818 (February 18, 2016)
* Fixes Windows 10 compatibility issues
Build 22.214.171.12414 (May 14, 2015)
* Fixes various access errors during Discogs API access
Build 126.96.36.19923 (July 23, 2014)
* Added Duration field to plain text export
* Fixed intermittent bug with Discogs access
* Fixed use of deprecated Discogs APIs
* Fixed reported crashing bugs
* Fixed import of rare FLAC and OGG tags
Build 188.8.131.5227 (February 27, 2014)
* Fixed collaboration artist reporting inconsistencies
* Fixed Discogs access bug with multiple databases
Build 184.108.40.20619 (February 19, 2014)
* Fixed crash randomly occuring on some systems in collaboration editor and autocomplete boxes
Build 220.127.116.1102 (February 3, 2014)
* Support for custom FLAC tagging extensions by various app vendors
* Fixed broken Discogs album download
* Fixed crash in Collectorz import due to UK date format
* New option in media scanner to skip exact duplicate albums
Build 18.104.22.16802 (December 2, 2012)
* Fixed Discogs authentication problem for new users
Build 22.214.171.12420 (November 20, 2012)
* New Discogs API support
* Bug fixes:
- dax:TrackCount and dax:Bitrate reporting inconsistencies
- Part Title, Group Title, Original Release Date fields added to Advanced Search and to columns
- Editing links in album view didn't work in some albums
- Application crash while entering dates prior to 1970 in some fields
- Minor UI and field naming fixes
* Improved support with Windows 8 desktop mode
* Internal refactoring to help transition to new database engine
* New InnoSetup build taken
Build 126.96.36.19925 (February 25, 2012)
* Bug fix:
- Restored Amazon querying functionality
Build 188.8.131.5216 (January 16, 2012)
* New Export Playlist command in Media Tools plugin
* Bug fixes:
- Intermittent crash during playback via authenticated Logitech Server
- Inconsistent playback tracking with "Don't remember partial album playback" option
Build 184.108.40.20630 (December 30, 2011)
* Added Discogs API 2.0 support:
- Connecting with Discogs account is now required
- New columns for country and genres in Discogs dialog
- Importing barcodes and notes from Discogs
* Track grouping changes:
- Improved consistency of track grouping UI
- New template tags: trackbeginsgroup, trackendsgroup
- trackgrouptitle tag now returns group title for each track in group
- Displaying track groups in preview pane
* Improved support for obsolete ID3v2.2 tags in MP3 files
* Improved consistency of played time tracking
* Tracking play count information in Misc tab of album properties
Build 220.127.116.1112 (August 12, 2011)
* New feature: Grouping tracks for suites
* New feature: Parameterized search
* Improved support for vinyl track numbering in credits
* Improved support for Parallels Desktop on Mac OS X
* Bug fixes
Build 18.104.22.16814 (November 14, 2010)
* Bug fix: application locks up in album details if album's network path is inaccessible
* Other minor fixes
Build 22.214.171.12429 (August 29, 2010)
* Discogs import improvements:
- Added CatNo column (populated in Label search only)
- Reading LP track positions
* Bug fixes
Build 126.96.36.19902 (August 2, 2010)
* Added Discogs support
* Added tape icon
* Fixed bugs:
- some track collaborations ended up in wrong artist folders
- some box sets could not be displayed in right pane
- other non-critical fixes.
Build 188.8.131.5220 (May 20, 2010)
* Technical update fixing issue with set display introduced in build 14917
Build 184.108.40.20617 (May 17, 2010)
* Improved artist collaborations display
* Fixed bugs:
- OrangeCD Catalog crashed at boot in some Windows 7 systems
- Track queries produced inconsistent result with collaboration albums
- Embedded FLAC cover images weren't decoded correctly
- Track duration weren't recognized in some MP3 tags
Build 220.127.116.1128 (March 1, 2010)
* Enabled artist collaborations on track level
* Bug fixes:
- Fixed content tree display incosistency
- Fixed script error with obsolete 7-bit encodings
- Enabled loading UTF-16 strings from MP3 tags
- Fixed Racks and Tags publishing bug that resulted in duplication of albums
Build 18.104.22.16818 (January 18, 2010)
* Bug fix: inconsistent tree folder structure when certain fields are used (genre, producer, etc.)
* Improved credit list lookup behavior
Build 22.214.171.12405 (January 6, 2010)
* Fixed tree folder inconsistencies with various track fields
* Other bug fixes
- Country didn't show up on artist page
- Custom fields didn't preserve their values
Build 126.96.36.19909 (December 9, 2009)
* New feature: Library -> Find broken media links
* Changes in tree view options dialog:
- Removed "Show status icons" option
- Added "Sort order" option
* Fixed random crash in "Scan CD-ROM drive" dialog
Build 188.8.131.5204 (November 4, 2009)
* Bug fixes:
- OrangeCD Catalog became unresponsive in process of plain text export
- OrangeCD Catalog included Recycle Bin content in media scan results
* Added support for artistsort in FLAC tags
* Added new HTML export tag: <dax:mediafilediru/>
* Other cosmetic fixes
Build 184.108.40.20615 (August 16, 2009)
* All features updated to use latest Amazon web services
Build 220.127.116.1113 (July 13, 2009)
* Bug fixes:
- Autocomplete didn't work in Roles column in credit lists
- Incorrect web links display in collaboration albums
- Incorrect Advanced search results for collaboration albums
- Stability improvements
* Added Bonus track indicators to album pages
* Added Price field to album pages
* Added playback support for AIMP2 player (queuing is still unsupported)
* Added navigation bar links for fast switching between artist profile and albums
* New theme setting for artist link behavior: profile vs. albums
* Other UI changes
Build 18.104.22.16823 (May 23, 2009)
* New experimental Media Tools plugin
- New feature: Export cover images
* New credit search field Credits:None
* Changed FreeDB default settings
* Added Norton Antivirus warning and KB link
* Setup package changes
Build 22.214.171.12414 (May 14, 2009)
* Enabled browsing by Ensemble and Chorus credits in content tree
* Improved vinyl track numbering
* New settings in Data Entry tab in View - Preferences:
- initial number of tracks for manual entry
- initial UI layout (classical vs general)
* New fields (tracks only):
- Original release date
- Single/B-side checkbox
- Bonus track checkbox
* Error reporting improvements
Build 126.96.36.19901 (May 1, 2009)
* New fields: Remastered (Recording tab), Review Source/Credit (Notes tab)
* New credit roles: Ensemble, Chorus
* Stability improvements
Build 188.8.131.5215 (March 15, 2009)
* Improved handling of large box sets
* Improved composers reporting in content pane
Build 184.108.40.20623 (February 24, 2009)
* All HTML export templates are XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS friendly
* New HTML export option: custom <head> content
* Minor bug fixes in HTML export
Build 220.127.116.1105 (February 6, 2009)
* New feature: albums can have multiple artists ("collaborations")
* New token %b in label format in content pane
* Improved precision of cover download for albums with accented characters
* Fixed track ratings in list view
Build 18.104.22.16818 (January 19, 2009)
* New feature: table view with covers
* OrangeCD is Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8 compatible!
* Bug fixes:
- mfc42.dll error during setup on Windows 7
- Find operation was not cancellable
* New option: disable album rating in list view
* New option: hide sort column in list view
* Many other cosmetic changes, mostly in list view
Build 22.214.171.12414 (December 14, 2008)
* Bug fix: ratings could not be used in Advanced Search queries
* Added Copy, Cut, and Paste functions in all credit list controls
* Removed some date abbreviations
* Many bug fixes
Build 126.96.36.19919 (November 19, 2008)
* New feature: List view columns and custom sort order can be saved in presets using new drop-down box in the View toolbar.
* Added Windows bitmap (.BMP) format support for artwork files in media folders
* Format field is no longer forced to media file extension.
* Fixed incorrect metadata extraction for "Artist (Year) Album" folder naming scheme
* Improved image quality in thumbnails view
* Improved image quality in Racks and Tags uploads
* Added Quantity and Booklet Pages to the list of searchable fields
* Bug fix: album playbacks didn't report correctly when "Don't remember partial album playbacks" option was checked
* Lots of cosmetic redesigns in Preferences window
Build 188.8.131.5213 (October 14, 2008)
* Added support for multimedia keyboards and mice
* Improved import from CATraxx XML
* New menu command: Query -> Find UPC barcode
* New option: Preferences - Media tab - Don't remember partial album playbacks
* New automatic field: Media Label
* Fixed timeout errors during Racks and Tags upload
* Added support for upcoming Racks and Tags changes
* Fixed several reported crashes
* Many internal changes needed for future development
Build 184.108.40.20617 (June 18, 2008)
* New feature: Bulk edit for tracks
* New menu command: View tracks
* New menu command: This album on Racks and Tags
* Added new file naming scheme: Artist (Year) Title
* Live update of ratings and playback stats on server (new option in View -> Preferences, Racks and Tags tab)
* Added <dax:MediaFilePathU> tag to HTML export
* Bug fix: unable to login to server with UTF-8 passwords
* Bug fix: Synchronize Content command did not work in Tracks view
Build 220.127.116.1103 (May 3, 2008)
* Changed web API entry point from mygenres.com to racksandtags.com. Changed all UI items to use new name
* New "Remove album title" command in album properties -> Tracks tab -> More button
* Added Composer to the list of available statistics
* Bug fixes:
- Track Count field did not print out correctly
- Album page didn't display credits tracks correctly
* Improved performance of Advanced Search, Custom Sort, Columns, Advanced and right-click column selector
Build 18.104.22.16815 (March 15, 2008)
* Added Media Library feature to keep track of media folders
* Added Rescan Entire Library menu command
* New media scan options: "Use folder naming rules" and "Recognize multiple-disc sets"
* Media scan options are no longer global and can be defined individually for each database
* Updated user interface in Add Media Files and Rescan features
* Migrated all Amazon features to ECS 4.0
* Add From Amazon feature now downloads composer, conductor, and performer info
* Enabled all Amazon international servers (Amazon France works too!)
* Improved Artist Manager behavior with read-only databases
* Added optional SPARS, Generation, Quality, Source fields to album display
* Added optional and configurable extra column to start page
* Bug fix: intermittent duplication of media albums during scan
* Bug fix: incorrect playback on Linux-based SqueezeCenter 7
* Bug fix: incorrect ID in FreeDB export for media albums
* Also fixed other 15 crashing bugs based on user reports
Build 22.214.171.12431 (January 31, 2008)
* Added CD-Text support (Windows XP and Windows Vista only)
* Added SqueezeCenter 7 support
* Added SlimServer/SqueezeCenter user authentication
* Improved tracking of last_played, last_rated automatic fields
* Setup fix for DEP error in Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista
* Added UTF-8 option in Add From FreeDB
* Cosmetic changes in default theme to improve user experience
Build 126.96.36.19928 (December 28, 2007)
* Added support for Apple music file formats (AAC, M4A, M4P)
* Added automatic numbering of MP3/WMA/lossless albums
* Improved Add from FreeDB feature performance, added Year column and UTF-8 support
* Bug fix: Advanced search couldn't find albums by composer
* Bug fix: application error in plain text export
* Bug fix: MP3 duration was not computed from files with suspicious ID3v2 tags
* Made freedb.mygenres.com the default FreeDB and text query server
* More scattered facelift work
Build 188.8.131.5221 (November 21, 2007)
* Fixed application freeze displaying context menu in content pane
* Suppressed confirmations and error messages while playing files downloaded from the Internet
* Fixed random playback order while playing some multiple-folder albums
Build 184.108.40.20615 (November 15, 2007)
* It is now possible to manually associate media files on hard drive with database entries
* Improved Artist Manager performance
* Rescan folder prompt dialog now defaults to "last known good" folder
* Improved precision of track order recognition in media files scanner
* Improved precision of multiple-disc set recognition in media files scanner
* All status bar sections are now visible at the same time (price, duration, and size)
* OrangeCD Player no longer updates LastModified field during playback
* Fixed random error in various import and export modules
Build 220.127.116.1117 (October 18, 2007)
* Added Artist Manager feature
* Now it is possible to increase text size via right-click menu
* Added support for date and time specifiers in backup file name
* Made OrangeCD Player installation optional
* Enabled all custom fields in album and track pages
* Added support for Path and Filename fields in advanced search
* New Quantity field in album properties, Library tab
* Bug fixes:
- Find feature in template editor didn't select correct text
- Remove Leading Numbers command in Tracks page didn't work as expected
- Custom dates weren't correctly decoded in some templates
* Cosmetic changes in various dialog boxes and lists
Build 18.104.22.16811 (August 11, 2007)
* Fixed application error in album bulk editing.
Build 22.214.171.12409 (August 9, 2007)
* Added ability to split tracks by record side in Album Properties dialog, Tracks tab. Look for "Start vinyl side" command.
* Split track numbers are now displayed as A1, A2, B1, ...
* Fixed bugs:
- Covers larger than 170 pixels were resampled with loss of quality
- Date fields were displayed as numbers in album view and plain text export
- Some credits caused application error
- Unicode track names incorrectly produced yellow warning sign in tree view
* Few minor cosmetic fixes.
Build 126.96.36.19910 (July 10, 2007)
* Added path substitution feature to Squeezebox plugin configuration
* Fixed display of credits in multiple-disc albums
* Added Country, Company, Reissue Label, Distributor, Borrower fields to content tree customization dialog
* Added Bitrate field to advanced search dialog
* Fixed application error in table and track views on Vista
* Fixed application error when big collection is uploaded to MyGenres.com
* Fixed application error in Tracks page of album properties
Build 188.8.131.5222 (May 23, 2007)
* Implemented folder scan cache. Improved speed of incremental folder rescans.
* Made Exclude Folder feature database-specific. Now it's possible to exclude different folders from different databases
* Added menu command Database -> Manage Database -> Import, equivalent to Import and Export -> Import from OrangeCD/current version
* Added Format column to Import dialog box
* Enabled use of Purchased From field in content tree
* Added client support for upcoming MyGenres.com features
* Few minor cosmetic UI changes
Build 184.108.40.20604 (May 4, 2007)
* Added Grand Totals command in Database menu
* Added link to Grand Totals to the default theme's start page
* Path column of Table views now combines folder paths from each set component
* Bug fixes:
- Database statistics reported incorrect number of albums, changed algorithm to match MyGenres.com number
- ReissueDate field was incorrectly computed in custom user templates
- Export to local FreeDB skipped over albums without an artist (e.g. classical)
- Custom user theme could not browse by rating including track ratings
* Minor UI changes in folder statistics dialog
Build 220.127.116.1113 (April 14, 2007)
* Added APE tag support
* Added ratings to the recent album list on start page
* Added date of last rating to album properties
* Added new theme checkbox to always display track artists (off by default)
* Added date column to web links page in artist profile
* Added subgenre and barcode fields to the list of fields in Advanced dialog
* Bug fixes:
- Rating star display glitch on album page
- Rare boot on crash while loading toolbar layout
Build 18.104.22.16826 (March 26, 2007)
* New rating system allows ratings in 1/2 star increments
* Rating selectors in album and track views
* Instant one-click ratings in album or track list
* New recovery logic to fix failed MyGenres.com cover uploads
* Transparent PNG support
Build 22.214.171.12409 (March 9, 2007)
* Fixed bugs:
- Could not load lyrics or covers from some ID3v2 tags
- Error 507 or timeout uploading to Mygenres.com
- HTML export produced incorrect image size with CMI Style template
Build 126.96.36.19922 (February 22, 2007)
* OrangeCD Suite supports Windows Vista:
- Fixed permission issues with database creation/opening
- Fixed setup warnings
* OrangeCD Suite supports myGenres.com, personal online music database.
* Additional color customization parameters in default theme
Build 188.8.131.5203 (February 3, 2007)
* Automatic creation of box sets during CD-scanning
* Improved quality of covers and notes download during CD-scanning
* New option for downsampling images during media file scanning. Improves performance when dealing with full-size cover scans on HDD
* New option for smart cropping of CD cover scans
* Support for label fields in ID3v2 tags
* Support for more fields in FLAC/Vorbis tags
* Added bitrate as optional field in album display
* Added composer field to plain text export
* Fix for Scan UPC Barcode feature which didn't download album covers in automatic mode
Build 184.108.40.20616 (January 17, 2007)
* Added display of custom fields in track view
* Added FLAC tags support
* New checkbox for Vorbis tags in Scan Media Files and Rescan dialogs
* Added support for UTF-8 strings in ID3 tags
* Improved extraction of custom genres from ID3 tags
* Fixed intermittent crash on boot
Build 220.127.116.1128 (December 29, 2006)
* Fixed crashing bug in Music Collector import
* Removed limitation on number of tracks in CD Properties
* Fixed FreeDB lookup compatibility issue
* Advanced search now allows searching in credits
Build 18.104.22.16811 (December 12, 2006)
* Added import from Music Collector XML
Build 22.214.171.12401 (December 1, 2006)
* Improved speed and accuracy of media files scanning
* Fixed various cosmetic bugs:
- Users were unable to enter Composer profile dialog by clicking link in some albums
- Folder properties menu opened wrong artist profile
Build 126.96.36.19914 (November 15, 2006)
* Logitech/Slim Devices Squeezebox playback support
* New option in Scan Media Files dialog protects albums that are already in database from overwriting
* New Exclude Folder command to remove specific folders from media scanning
* Improved speed and correctness of media files scanning
* Improved performance displaying large pages of data
* Save/Load dialogs in Artwork page now originate in MP3 album's folder
* Improved application responsiveness during thumbnail generation and displaying album properties
* Fixed random crash updating tree view after editing properties
Build 188.8.131.5231 (November 1, 2006)
* Album pages now display credits with detailed track information
* Scan CD-ROM Drive dialog now optionally displays Album Properties after each successful CD recognition
* Other minor bug fixes
Build 184.108.40.20612 (October 13, 2006)
* Implemented OrangeCD XML format (.oxl) export of entire database
* Fixed "Add from FreeDB" function that was broken after FreeDB.org changes
* Fixed application to use localized "My Music" folder instead of hardcoded English
* Fixed other non-critical bugs
Build 220.127.116.1121 (September 22, 2006)
* (!) Enabled FreeDB lookups for non-CD entries
* (!) Fixed Windows 95/98 compatibility problems
* (!) Fixed crashing bug with song credits
* (!) Implemented full support for playback and queuing songs in Windows Media Player 9/10
* FreeDB lookup improvements, improved handling of multiple-record sets
* MP3 scan now looks for covers and text notes in parent folder
* Implemented FLAC format parser to extract FLAC song durations
* Cover and notes no longer updated in basic rescan mode
* Fix for incorrect play time computation in player
* Enabled decoding of HTML entities in Amazon notes
* Enabled filtering of ID3G and YEAR tags in FreeDB notes
* Changed default character set to Western European
* Fixed bug with restoring database from v5 backups
* Fixed CATraxx import plugin registration
* Added play all/queue all links to album page
* Fixed bug where only first folder of multiple-folder album was played or queued
* Fixed other minor bugs
Build 18.104.22.16801 (September 1, 2006)
* Final v6 build!
* Finished v6 default theme
* Implemented public UI plugin interface
* Added track number column in list view
* Added user lists and queries to menus and start page
* Added status icons in tree view
* Compatibility fix for FreeDB2.org
* User interface changes
* Multiple bug fixes
Build 22.214.171.12429 - beta 2 (June 30, 2006)
* Redesigned default UI theme using new engine and fields
* Added artist and composer info pages
* Saved search queries on start page
* Recently viewed and modified albums on start page
* "File as" controls in album properties
* Template parser got support for numerous new fields
* Added sample search queries
* Introduced concept of "CSS model" in templates and themes
* Added sample stylesheet for default theme's model (Light Comic.css)
Build 126.96.36.19923 - beta 2 (March 24, 2006)
* Better integration of FreeDB and Amazon.com lookups
* New composer profile feature
* IE7 compatibility fix
* Bug fixes based on user crash reports
* Album list printout can include track listings
Build 188.8.131.5215 - beta 1 (January 15, 2006)
* Many (!!) new fields
* Credit lists
* Artist profiles
* Album quick preview pane
* Classical music layout in album properties
* Extensive custom field system
* OGG file format support
* Customizable toolbars
* Track list view
* New data entry user interface
* New backup format
* Backup to CD-Recordable
* Improved multi-record album support
* New XML-like template syntax
* Enqueue in play list command
* Advanced tool for batch modification/copying of the fields
* Database management commands
Build 184.108.40.20616 (August 17, 2004)
* Added French translation
* Added support for PNG covers in ID3v2 tags
* Bug fixes:
- Localized "Various Artists" string no longer submitted to FreeDB
- Covers were not downloaded if there was an apostrophe character in artist name
- Now OrangeCD never makes Sample Database.dab the default database
- Amazon search did not return keyboard focus into edit box after the error
- Fixed two random and rare crashing bugs
Build 220.127.116.1126 (May 26, 2004)
* Added national language support
* Added Russian and Portuguese translations
* Bug fixes:
- Problems importing ID3 tag data from media files with short names
- Boolean track fields (i.e. TrackInstrumental) did not work with IF tag
Build 18.104.22.16823 (March 23, 2004)
* Unmodified CueCat barcode scanners are now supported.
* Enabled cover editor for multiple selection.
* OrangeCD Player no longer creates "New Artist/New Album" records by default.
* Added Close button to the Scan CD-ROM dialog.
* Several cosmetic menu and toolbar changes.
* Many template editor improvements:
- multiple window interface
- dockable palette
- theme editing, etc.
* Bug fixes:
- Dragging albums between artist folders caused change in the sort name instead of the display name.
- OrangeCD Player overwrote new CD album information.
Build 22.214.171.12407 (March 8, 2004)
* Download CD Covers: new menu command that allows finding covers on Amazon for existing albums
* Dates prior to 1900 allowed in date edit control
* Acquire CD Info command renamed to Download CD Info
* Enabled word wrap mode in Notes edit controls
* Better JPEG image handling to prevent image quality loss
* Added scrollers in cover viewer control (Album Properties>Cover)
Build 126.96.36.19915 (February 16, 2004)
* Add from Amazon: new feature allows adding albums with covers by searching Amazon web sites.
* Added word wrapping for notes and lyrics fields.
* Bug fixes:
- some PNG images were imported with distorted colors.
- single-disc albums with identical titles were incorrectly merged in HTML export.
Build 188.8.131.5201 (February 1, 2004)
* Added Windows Media (WMA) file format support
* Removed unsupported exotic character sets from the options dialog
Build 184.108.40.20625 (January 25, 2004)
* New date format allows entering incomplete dates or date periods and arranging them in correct order.
* Incremental indexing improves database performance in many scenarios.
* Improved Scan CD-ROM feature performance: now it uses device change notification instead of a timer.
* New Template Editor application that allows editing templates and provides helpers on tags syntax.
* Bug fixes:
- using BkSpace key did not restore selection in album list.
- HTML report lost volume information due to backlinks in some templates.
* Setup upgraded to InnoSetup 4.
Build 220.127.116.1112 (November 12, 2003)
* Bug fixes:
- Problems with import of comments and lyrics from some ID3v2 tags
- Size of ID3v2 tag was calculated incorrectly
- List of ignored words was reset to default after compacting
* Catalog becomes more robust when working with read-only databases
Build 18.104.22.16826 (October 26, 2003)
* Added page preview in HTML export dialog
* Added MP3 playback via command line
* Database|Compact feature now provides better optimization of the database
* Improved categories, formats, genres list customization dialogs:
- loading and saving the list to a text file
- merging the list with a text file
- sorting the list
* Several cosmetic bug fixes
Build 22.214.171.12407 (October 7, 2003)
* New feature: "Add from FreeDB" - new command to add albums without CD
* New feature: track editor allows to change the order of tracks, add or delete tracks
* New feature: list of words that are ignored during sorting
* New feature: album icon can be customized, added icons for CDR, HDCD, SACD, DVD
* Added Title as folder attribute in tree
* Added confirmation dialog for field update in MP3 Rescan feature
* Added Cover Size, FreeDB Notes and Personal Notes columns to the list view
* Added new DAX tags for album/track/volume size in bytes, kilobytes or megabytes
* MP3 scanning feature now looks for folder.jpg file in MP3 folder
* Bug fixes:
- error changing a sort name of the artist when it is same as primary name but in different case
- some ID3v1 genres (e.g. "Heavy Metal") were not recognized correctly
- now the entire MP3 album can be played via B4S, PLS or M3U playlist
Build 126.96.36.19928 (August 28, 2003)
* Added option to load JPEG/PNG covers from MP3 folders
* Added option to load TXT files from MP3 folders into Notes field
* Added ArtistSort field to the Advanced search
* Setup changes:
- Setup no longer resets the default database
- Few minor fixes in order to simplify upgrade process
* Bug fixes:
- Entire Collection sometimes displayed wrong number of albums (off by one)
- Advanced search: crash modifying query parameters while search is in progress
- Advanced search: not_equal condition did not produce correct results for Artist field
- Template list did not update after new template installation
- (!) Sort order in Print Options did not work (regression from 5.0.1)
- External cover files were not deleted when record was deleted from database
Build 188.8.131.5225 (July 25, 2003)
* Support of Windows XP visual styles
* Added PATH, DATEADDED, CDDBID tags to the HTML export templates.
* Improved Extract Artists feature to handle more track title formats.
* Added WinAmp genres to the global genre list.
* Added Artist Sort field to the list of fields allowed for export.
* Scan CD dialog now disables system AutoPlay to prevent other apps from using CD-ROM drive
* Performance improvements:
- Startup: removed unnecessary index regeneration when displaying a home page
- HTML Export now works much faster, updates windows and responds to Cancel button.
* Bug fixes:
- Recent additions display was inaccurate
- Album and track titles disappeared from player after using Track Properties
- Album list crashed when user clicked a sort header in some situations
- Random crash in Import and Export dialog
- Crash scanning certain (possibly corrupted) MP3 files
- Crash in web search feature when user typed non-ASCII characters
- Also fixed several unidentified crashes that were detected through automatic error reporting
- Catalog hanged on shutdown after using some export features.
- Bitrate, duration and some other fields were not printed properly.
- A number of minor non-crashing bugs were fixed.
Build 184.108.40.20601 (May 2, 2003)
* Bug fixes:
- Numeric overflow when calculating total size of MP3s for the status bar
- MP3 scanned from the same location were added to database twice
- Drag and drop in the tree did not update album display
- Crash in the tree expanding Entire Collection
- Some of ID3 v2 tags were not decoded correctly
- Fixed several cosmetic issues with dialog fonts
* Automatically install DAX files in the template folder after they are downloaded from web
* Performance fixes: optimized database indexing, list and individual album load times
* Toolbar changes:
- Changed order and content of the toolbars
- Added CD Player button
* Implemented automatic error reporting feature
* A number of minor fixes
Build 220.127.116.1116 - beta 2 (April 16, 2003)
* New feature: Go To Folder menu command (to open a folder that contains MP3 files)
* New feature: Rescan menu command (to scan original MP3 files for changes)
* New feature: added Size field to MP3 albums
* New feature: ID3 v2 support
* Duration, Size and Price added to the status bar.
* Major bug fixes:
- Fixed incorrect recognition of play time on certain MP3 files
- Fixed crash in the list view after deleting albums
- Albums imported from cdplayer.ini were displayed using wrong icon
- Removed limitation of 99 mp3 files per folder
- Fixed random crash after restoring database from backup
- Database performance fixes
- Browse links on the start page did not work as expected
- Album list view did not update multiple disk sets after individual item changes.
Build 18.104.22.16804 - beta 1 (April 04, 2003)
* Implemented new generation of HTML export:
- New extended syntax, new fields
- Template customizations
- New template: Advanced Web Site
- Updated old templates
* Random bug fixes
Build 22.214.171.12403 - preview 4 (March 03, 2003)
* Implemented HTML template ("theme") preprocessor
* New feature: theme customizations (View|Preferences - Theme tab)
* Bug fixes
Build 126.96.36.19923 - preview 3 (February 24, 2003)
* New feature: seek bar in player
* Many bug fixes
Build 188.8.131.5217 - preview 2 (February 17, 2003)
* New feature: play command for MP3 albums and tracks
* New feature: Find CD by scanning
* New feature: folder statistics (folder context menu - Properties)
* Global statistics (menu Database - Statistics)
* Fixed application error in track properties dialog
* Bug fixing
Build 184.108.40.20605 - preview 1 (February 6, 2003)
* New feature: MP3 support
* New feature: multi-level customizable content tree
* New feature: artist sort name, artist spellings
* Toolbars completely re-done.
* New feature: query toolbar
* New feature: multiple disk sets support in album list
* Updated all embedded HTML templates
* Many changes in all parts of product
Build 220.127.116.1120 (February 9, 2003)
* Fixed bug with automatic numbering when format is set to simple number.
Build 18.104.22.16819 (November 19, 2002)
* Fixed catalog application crash at startup on some Pentium 4 systems.
Build 22.214.171.12428 (August 28, 2002)
* Now using just an e-mail address to access FreeDB (as opposed to e-mail+host)
* Bug fix: track artists were not downloaded or imported from FreeDB
* Bug fix: Leading Caps mode didn't work for some languages
* Progress indicator displayed in status bar when generating thumbnails.
Build 126.96.36.19915 (August 15, 2002)
* Added keyboard shortcuts for switching between views, tree and list navigation.
* Optimized album list load.
* Now thumbnails are cached during the session.
* Album lists now remember their style, sort order, selection and focus.
* Improved HTML export: now it won't change file timestamp if file content doesn't change.
* Fixed bugs with incorrect Price field export and printing.
* Fixed sort order in content tree.
* Added submenu for quick drive change in player.
* Fixed nasty bug that caused application freeze in background thumbnail loader.
Build 188.8.131.5230 (July 30, 2002)
* Added feature: advanced search queries.
* Added feature: bulk edit of albums.
* Added new fields: reference number, price, registration date (read-only).
* Added feature: renumbering of albums in database.
* Added option: automatic assigment of reference numbers.
* Added UI for sorting list by multiple fields.
* Added TRACKNUM, VOLUMETIME and ALBUMTIME variables to HTML export.
* Added UI to customize drop-down lists for categories, genres and formats.
* Added option to keep cover images out of database.
* Preferences UI changes: backup options moved to a separate page.
* Localization fix: could not work with characters >0x7f in file names.
* Added option to hide artist names in thumbnail view.
* Improved HTML export: now it reports legible template syntax errors.
* Fixed player bug: when media changed, it was unable to read TOC from new media.
* Increased buffer size for FreeDB fuzzy matches.
* Optimized album list load and render time.
* Fixed minor bugs in FreeDB data parser.
* Made Error dialog resizable.
Build 184.108.40.20620 (March 20, 2002)
* Album list improvements:
- Optimized loading and drawing in thumbnail mode.
- Added info tips in thumbnail mode.
* "Scan CD" dialog improvemens:
- Now it remembers which device was used last (unless there is a new CD in another drive).
- Added options: auto eject, auto dismiss dialog.
* Fixed FreeDB submit/export: now it correctly exports track artists in compilations.
* Added Google web search engine.
* Fixed all comboboxes to stretch automatically when contents do not fit.
* Fixed all edit boxes to scroll automatically when contents do not fit.
* All file dialogs are XP style.
* Fixed nasty crash on exiting or switching between tree views.
* Fixed bug with decoding \n in EXTN fields.
* Fixed bug with recognizing certain CDs with empty title.
* Improved batch acquire. Now it handles parsing errors without stopping entire batch.
* Fixed access violation when opening album list in separate IE frame.
Build 220.127.116.1121 (February 21, 2002)
* Added import from another OrangeCD database.
* Added statistics page as Folder properties in tree view.
* Track lengths became editable.
* Supported rectangular cover images (e.g. DVD covers).
* Allowed drag-and-drop of image files on any page in album properties.
* Changed UI update mechanism, in order to avoid unwanted page refreshes.
* Many optimizations throughout the code.
* Major bugfixes:
- Thumbnails in print preview were not displayed properly.
- After changes in album details, list was not updated.
Build 18.104.22.16811 (January 11, 2002)
* Checked Windows XP compatibility
* Improved list printing:
- Customizable fields and sort order
- Optional thumbnail printing
- Customizable font, footers and headers
* Improved import and export plugins
- Added more fields to existing ASCII export
- Template-driven HTML export - fully customized
- Added plain text reports
- Export to local FreeDB using protocol level 5 (DYEAR/DGENRE)
- Reworked Import/Export user interface
* New track services
- lower/UPPER/LeadingCaps case control for track titles
- Automatic track artist recognition
- Quote control
* HTTP proxy authentication is now supported
* Added automatic backup feature
* New calculated fields: Album kind and Year.
* CDDB protocol level 5 - DYEAR and DGENRE now supported
* Album list improvements:
- Expanded set of displayable columns, including custom fields
- Optimized thumbnails loading
* Major bugfixes:
- Connection errors when computer name contains spaces
- Copy in album list does not preserve correct column order
- Web shortcuts starting from www. handled incorrectly
- Painting problems with album list
- Track artists displayed in Details view and in player tooltip
Build 22.214.171.12405 (September 5, 2001)
* Added Startup database option
* Bug fixed:
- Multiple exact matches were rejected from HTTP
Build 126.96.36.19930 (August 31, 2001)
* Content tree view type is preserved between sessions
Build 188.8.131.5226 (August 26, 2001)
* Bugs fixed:
- Memory leaks with volume controls in player
- Volume controls window painting flickers
Build 184.108.40.20620 (August 20, 2001)
* More options in content view
- Added complete album list
- Added custom fields
- Added Sync Content button
* Added Backup and Restore Backup functions
* Checkbox state in Scan CD dialog now preserved between sessions
* Bugs fixed:
- Incorrect statistics displayed in some cases
- Few small memory leaks in tree update
Build 220.127.116.1109 (August 10, 2001)
* Added new album properties:
- Interview flag (this is also used for separate tracks)
- Bootleg flag
- Character set
* Resolved CDDB/FreeDB compliance issues:
- Added support for CDDB protocol level 4 - multiple exact matches
- Added X-Cddb-Note header to SMTP submissions
- Added quoted-printable MIME encoding of SMTP submissions
* Added support for PNG image format
* Implemented drag-and-drop between folders in content tree
* Implemented pie chart statistics
* Added new Internet/Advanced options:
- Now it uses Internet Explorer proxy settings by default
- SMTP submit e-mail address is now configurable
* Bugs fixed:
- Player menu freeze on certain conditions
- Inconsistent behavior of Scan CD feature when CD is known to the system,
but no data has been entered
* New installer was created using Inno Setup.